Friday, May 13, 2011

tribute to a hat pt. 3







HAPPY FRIDAY 13 EVERYBODY!!!!!










i wore this sequined tophat as a celebration of the holliday. usually, it's just gold, but i sometimes decorate it with other things, like for new years', i wrapped strands of silver and gold wrapping ribbon around it, letting the excess trail down the back. today, however, for my black catiness, i gave it a black scarf band with silver sequins on it, and cat ears attatched. other costume elements: death-cameo bowtie, black-and-white stripped fingerless kid gloves (get it? kid... kiddy... kitty... never mind...), my "Team Riff-Raff" shirt, black pants (required for the tuxedo i am to wear for tonight's choral concert), and black victorian ankle boots. oh, yeah, and a tail. yeah, that's right, i said tail. on a studded black leather belt. yes, i just told you my whole outfit. and it rocks.










a-huzz-ah!










ok, back to the hat.










WHERE I GOT IT: from Lord Semaj for christmas (about thirty seconds after his mother gave it to him). i was told it was used in an actual stage-production of the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" (that's why the Team Riff-Raff shirt), and was probably still drunk from the after-parties and other parties it had been worn to.... sweet!










WHY I LOVE IT: well... it's a friggin' sequined tophat!!! the eccentric burried deep inside me (but not that deep) loves the individuality of it, and the part of me that spilled over from my mother is distracted by the shiney-ness of it, and must hold it and stroke it in the darkness with only the moonlight glinting off its sequins, muttering to myself, "my precioussssss...... my precioussssssss......" also, it kept my head very warm one cold winter's night when my car broke down on the side of the road and i had to wait for an hour for my emergency contact to come and pick me up. probably saved me from hypothermia. i've got a history with this hat with a history.










love this hat.










that was a command, not a comment.










....now...




.

2 comments: