Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Another quick announcement



RAAUUUUUUUUULLLL!!!


.


glad i got that outa my system.


.


ok, not counting my chickens or anything here, but i think i may be speaking true when i say.... I FINALLY GOT A REAL JOB!!!! i think, anyway. sure, it's just a waitressing thing at a "family-owned" pizza joint, but still, man!


.


of course, i was nervous on my interview this morning (i know, it's hard to imagine -- me! the fabulous franki! nervous!), but during it i was able to relate to her a bit, and when she pulled out the most frightening question, "if we hire you, what would you have to offer [restaurant name deleted]?"


.


i tell ya, my throat closed up and my mind went blank. the little freak inside my mind screamed, Dude! just tell her the right thing! it's not hard. what does she want to hear?


.


"oh, uh, you know, a hard worker, all that..."


.


very creative... everyone else who says that probably thinks so, too.


.


"... and someone the customers can... relate to, i guess? you know, someone they can have fun with, and look forward to interacting with every time they come." blink. blink. no facial reaction from interviewer... "i guess..." blink. still no reaction. straightens paperwork (including copy of my application).


.


"you know, you're the only person i've interviewed to mention the customers."


.


hold my breath.


.


"that's a good thing."


.


"oh! ok, good."


.


"so, here's what's going to happen. i'm going to call you tomorrow to set up an orientation day, which will also be a paperwork day. we'll probably just start you off as a waitress, then, when you get comfortable, move you to the kitchen and teach you to cook."


.


"yay!" i shout in relief, hopping in my seat, making my tiny blue pigtails bounce.


.


she laughs, and the interview is over. here's hoping this job works out. really, really, really hoping...


.


I GOT A FRIGGIN JOB!!! HUZZAH!!!

3 comments: